| The base model unit uses your truck's own engine coolant to heat the patch mix while en route to your job site. It is equipped with a three way valve system that allows the heated coolant to flow to the Hot Patch unit, or you can shut off the heated coolant from going to the unit, so it flows directly back to the engine. After the coolant passes through the valve system, it enters the Hot Patch unit and is distributed in a serpentine pattern throughout the heat exchanger - heating the unit and the material. Once the coolant has been distributed throughout the unit it exits the manifold and returns to the engine to be reheated.
See the new Gen II totally self contained unit below. Designed to fit any truck bed, and does not take away from the original use of the truck.
- NOT a single-use item like patching trailers that fit in your yard when not in use
- Hydraulic shoveling platform/tailgate is extremely useful for daily duties such as: shoveling mulch, gravel or topsoil and can also be used to lift heavy chunks of debris, tools, appliances, and tires
- Virtually maintenance free – no burners to maintain, thermostats to replace or hoppers to clean out
- User Friendly – no trailer hook up, no lights, no tires to replace, and no LP/diesel to burn
- Cold patch materials are warmed to ideal temperatures using the HOT PATCH HEATER without overheating
- Pick up truck models also available
Hot Patch heater installed in a dump box with the hydraulic shoveling platform/tailgate up
to prevent spillage.
Each unit is custom made to fit the length of your truck’s dump box. Since the units are made here in the USA, we can make other minor changes to fit your needs.
Ergonomic hydraulic shoveling platform in down position.
The shoveling platform is designed to lower material from the truck’s bed to a comfortable shoveling height in the “safe lifting zone”.
It can also be used to lift heavy tools, discarded old tires, appliances, etc.